March 2, 2022
The pandemic has intensified the conversation around Hawai‘i’s food security and its reliance on imports.
This Need to Know event explored what steps are being taken by farmers, suppliers and non-profits to help Hawai‘i reduce its reliance on non-local food sources and how you can support those efforts.
Based on the Food Security panel discussion, we compiled a list of resources that were mentioned throughout the conversation!
• Hawai’i Agricultural Foundation: Localicious Educational Program
• Hawai’i Agricultural Foundation: Eat Think Drink Educational Program
• Hoʻowaiwai Youth Leadership Training, Maʻo Organic Farms
• Hoʻokuaʻāina: A community group using ancient Hawaiian traditions of kalo cultivation to engage and improve the lives of today’s youth
• Sustainable Community Food Systems program, University of Hawaiʻi - West O’ahu
• College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, University of Hawai’i at Mānoa
• Online platform to submit testimony and learn about bills in the Legislature
• 14-day emergency supply kit, Office of Public Health Preparedness
• Nature-Based Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Change in Hawaiʻi (click here to download the PDF)
• Disaster Recovery Pod, Hawaii Foodservice Alliance
Mahalo To Our Sponsors & Partners